Women's Tabloid

Home Industry InsightsFashion and Beauty The fragrance company Givaudan acquires the Italian beauty manufacturer B.Kolor

The fragrance company Givaudan acquires the Italian beauty manufacturer B.Kolor

Women's Tabloid News Desk
Women's Tabloid News Desk

The fragrance manufacturer Givaudan has acquired the Italian beauty producer B.Kolor in an attempt to strengthen its foothold in the beauty industry. 

Founded in 2000, B.Kolor is a company headquartered in Milan, Italy, and majorly designs and produces finished make-up and skincare products for consumer packaged goods, indie, and luxury goods brands. The company is said to consist of around 300 employees.

“Joining Givaudan, the market leader, is a great opportunity to bring our businesses to new heights,” said Maria-Teresa Sancini, chairwoman of B.Kolor. “Givaudan’s capabilities in creation, ingredients, and technology will greatly support us in evolving our product offering while benefiting from Givaudan’s customer base and geographical footprint to expand ourselves in new territories. We are very pleased to also share our unique creative design and production know-how with Givaudan to bring the products of tomorrow to life.”

Givaudan first acquired 25% of B.Kolor in 2021 and now the acquisition of the rest of 75% allows Givaudan to offer make-up formulations and further widens its capabilities for skin care applications, enlarging its value in the beauty sector, according to a press release.

“After three years of successful partnership with B.Kolor, this is a great achievement for Givaudan to complete this acquisition, promising a very exciting journey,” said Maurizio Volpi, president of Givaudan’s fragrance & beauty. “By sharing our creative and innovation capabilities, we will generate additional value to our respective customers by providing a complete offer combining a high level of science with excellence in design.”

“We are delighted to expand in beauty by benefiting from b.kolor expertise. This acquisition not only strengthens our capabilities in the fields of make-up and skincare but also positions us as leaders in driving the market towards an ever more solutions-driven future,” said Markus Rassmann, Head of Givaudan Active Beauty

Recommended For You